Sounds like a simple enough question, right? Self awareness is a gift to yourself as well as those around you. A gift? Yes. Easy? No. Self awareness is a discovery journey. Will you like what you find? Many people ignore who they are quite simply out of fear of what will be found. With my own self explorations, I’ve learned a lot. Most importantly, I’m quite moody.
To make life fun and accept myself for each and every mood (good, bad and ugly) each personality has a name!! Yep, I must admit it is funny to see someone’s face when I mention I have several personalities and you really never know who is going to show up and when!! Interesting… to say the least **smile**
My named personalities… so far:
- Harriet (when angry and snippy due to hunger)
- Nae-Nae (when acting joyfully childlike)
- Angel (when all things are solved through prayer)
- Lauren (when Happy-Go-Lucky and Lovey-Dovey)
- Mad Nae (when I rant and rave)
- Evil Nae (when… well, you best never meet her – LOL!!)
- Diva Nae (when I make unreasonable demands)
- Red Cup Renae (when I’m super happy for the Starbucks seasonal red cup)
- Downtrodden Renae (when I’m having an ewe-y day for no reason)
- Renae R. (when professional and down to business)
- Samantha (when I’m secretive or not sharing the behind the scenes info)
- Buddha Nae (when I give unsolicited advice to others)
Ummmm, I think that is the entire gang – the dirty dozen, LOL!! My friends certainly have fun with it as much as I do. All of a sudden, a mood will strike and a new personality appears. A friend will say, “Whhaaattt? Wait A minute!! Who is this? Have we named this one yet? Hmmm, I think we must name this one. Wait a bit… it will come to me!” Ohhhhh, too funny!!!
Each friend has his/her favorite personality; however, Mad Nae seems to be the crowd favorite. If a friend is in my presence when Mad Nae makes an appearance, then next thing you know other friends are getting a phone call… “Mad Nae is here. WOW. She is hilarious! Wish you were here to see this rant!” I’m thankful that even my worst personality traits bring joy to my friends. This fact alone helps me accept my “ugly” and ultimately love the complexity that is ME!!!
So along your journey of discovery to self awareness, no matter what you find… embrace it!! Yep, accept yourself for who you are: the good, the bad and the not so great. Everyone is unique. There are no mistakes. Love yourself for who you are… and while you’re at it… have a lil fun with what you discover.
© Renae Rossman and Candy Coated Reality™